Hours of Work: Mon – Fri, Full-time
Holidays & Benefits: 26 days holiday plus bank holidays and an additional day over Christmas, option to buy and sell holidays. Enhanced pension scheme, life assurance, private medical insurance, income protection plus a number of additional benefits.
This opportunity of HR Business Partner is offered by a prestigious global international law firm, based in Manchester City Centre in very modern and attractive offices.
This is not your average law firm and so they’re not looking for average people. They do things differently - in the way they treat their people and the service they provide. That's how they’ve become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
Working as part of a professional team you'll achieve personal satisfaction by using your skills to the full, getting involved right across the spectrum of HR activity and making a real difference to our business. Supporting the Senior HRBP team in the definition and delivery of HR strategy/plan for the Practice Groups in your location, you will play a key role in implementing key firmwide people related initiatives within the client group
For talented, ambitious individuals there's no better place to be working in the law.
Key responsibilities of the HRBP:
- Acting as a business partner to managers/partners. Delivering performance management, budgeting, workforce planning, project and change management.
- Exploring and challenging team structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness; Line manage HR advisor, conducting regular review meetings
- Influencing and being part of project teams delivering business strategies and initiatives;
- Supporting the business in driving and managing change effectively, using change management tools and processes.
- Coaching partners and managers and being their trusted advisors, not just on people issues but on business decisions and direction.
- Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis, to enable fact based decision making.
- Support the employee engagement agenda within your location/s. Understand and translate the employee engagement survey results into meaningful action plans which are communicated within teams and acted upon.
- Managing vacancy approval, and then supporting the recruitment team to deliver external and internal recruitment for the practice groups. Ensuring the recruitment team are able to build an understanding of the practice group commercials and dynamics, and have access to line managers to enable effective recruitment processes;
- Managing the onboarding of all external candidates from induction planning onwards; Continuously increasing understanding of the wider world of HR, sharing external perspectives and best practice with the business and HR colleagues
Skills and experience:
- Successful candidates will be fully CIPD qualified and have a good amount experience in a generalist advisory role, ideally from professional services, but primarily experienced in working in a large and complex international organisation
- You will have a good understanding and practical experience of complex ER and L&D delivery. In addition, we are looking for someone with a well-developed commercial acumen, with the ability to contribute to the wider business and HR agenda
- Ideally your experience will include exposure to organisational development and change management. You will have a track record of coaching, motivating and influencing at management level using pragmatic and data based approach
- Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. You will demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the firm
- Excellent IT skills; competent Excel skills essential and competent in the use of information systems highly desirable.
- Confident enough to challenge constructively combined with a level of resilience.