Our client is looking for an Assistant Buyer to join their expanding team. The role will involve working within the procurement team to oversee the supplier liaison and performance. You will be involved in procuring products and materials for projects, monitoring and evaluating supplier performance, identifying new suppliers, looking at cost saving initiatives, identifying buying requirements and keeping departments informed on lead times.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within procurement, ideally within the construction sector but for the right candidate, training will be provided.
- Procuring materials for projects
- Monitoring spending against plan
- Building strong relationships with customers and suppliers,
- Evaluating supplier performance
- Evaluating supply chain relationships
- Obtaining prices for all supplies required on the project
- Carrying out cost saving initiatives
- Working closely with the estimators, Quantity Surveyors and project managers to pre order materials if possible
- Provide feedback to suppliers
- 2 years’ experience working within procurement sector
- Previous experience in the construction industry is ideal
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Commercial reporting
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Good IT skills including Word and Excel
- Ideally experience of using SAGE 200
If you are interested in applying for the role, please send your CV today!