What we are looking for:
Are you a recent graduate from 2016, or graduating this year?
Are you looking for a superb Graduate opportunity where you will be working for an award winning company?
Do you want to learn on the job, progress quickly and earn well?
If so, then we want to hear from you!
Lucy Walker Recruitment, an Award Winning Agency, with offices in Leeds City Centre and Manchester City Centre are looking for ambitious, talented and dynamic Graduates to join our busy and successful head office in Leeds!
Founded 25 years ago, Lucy Walker Recruitment is an extremely successful independent recruitment agency who was awarded ‘West Yorkshire’s Recruitment Consultancy of the Year 2016’. Specialising in office based roles of all levels, with salaries starting at entry level to up to £60,000 and across a multitude of sectors and industries across Leeds and Manchester, no day is ever the same!
We have a strong and focused team of 20 employees across the business and have a fantastic staff retention rate with our longest serving member (after Lucy!) being with the business for 17 years, followed closely by 10 years’ service!
This Graduate Scheme will offer you the opportunity to become an expert in all things recruitment within the space of 1-2 years – covering Resourcing, Candidate Management, Client Management, Temp Recruitment, Permanent Recruitment, Account Management and Sales, allowing you to explore the opportunities that working within an agency environment brings. No day will ever be the same as you will be constantly learning different aspects of the role, dealing with an extensive amount of current clients and new business, as well as liaising with candidates at all levels.
If you are looking to join a team where you can be coached, trained and developed to suit your needs and your professional aims, then Lucy Walker Recruitment will invest in you. This scheme allows you to develop professionally, and as a business, we will allow you to take ownership of your training which will be fluid, based on your development and performance.
This is a superb opportunity to join our team straight from university and develop a rewarding and exciting recruitment career.
We are looking for a recent graduate with a minimum of 2:2 degree classification that is looking for a challenging yet rewarding career. You must also have;
- Experience working in an office environment through previous/current employment or a university placement
- A desire to learn and achieve
- Be hardworking, dedicated and self-motivated
- Have strong commination skills, both over the phone and face to face
- Be highly organised and enjoy working in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Be resilient and career focused
- Be personable, fun, original and work well in a team
- Have a fun and engaging personality with a good sense of humour
Your training and development will be tailored and unique to you covering the below duties and responsibilities;
- Writing and posting job adverts
- Managing CV applications
- Pre-screening candidates over the telephone
- Managing diaries and recruitment administration
- Candidate Management;
- Pre-screen candidates over the telephone
- Meet candidates face to face
- Match appropriate candidates to live vacancies
- Organise interviews
- Give feedback
- Make job offers/rejections
- Client Management
- Take job briefs
- Brief the team on all roles
- Match suitable candidates
- Encourage colleagues to match to your roles
- Send CVs & organise interviews
- Manage the offer process with both client and candidate
- Keep clients updated
- Attend client visits
- Sales & Business Development
- Building relationships with new and existing clients
- Telephone sales
- Client visits
- Business pitch meetings
This list is not exhaustive! There are lots of areas to be covered and endless techniques and training to ensure you are fully competent in all areas!
Our superb benefits
Along with an excellent basic salary and the opportunity to earn extremely well with commission we also have the following fantastic benefits in place;
- 23 days holiday, increasing to 25 days
- Pension scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Your birthday off work as an additional days holiday
- End of month lunches & dress down
- Friday ‘Wine Downs’
- Charity fundraising days
- Annual Away Day consisting of a 2 night stay in a hotel with lots of fun
- Employee of the Month awards.
If you think a Recruitment career is for you, and you’re interested in our 2017 Graduate Scheme then please apply within.