Our client, is a highly successful business in Leeds and an industry leader within their sector, is looking to recruit an experienced and strategic Head of Sales to report directly to the MD. You will have overall responsibility for looking at, developing and implementing the sales strategy for the business, focusing on increase in market share and additionally, leading and developing a small current team. This is a superb opportunity to work on the Board of this progressive and developing business.
Within this role as Head of Sales, you will be responsible for:
- Managing and mentoring a small team including a Business Development Executive, Account Manager and 3 Sales Support staff.
- Working with the Managing Director to develop the overall sales strategy for the business with the goal of increasing market share
- Developing tactics and a solid strategy to target new businesses
- Utilising social media and marketing tools to enhance the profile of the business
- Working as an essential part of the company management team and attending regular board meetings
- Travelling to UK based clients to manage and successfully build on current strong relationships with key clients
- Forecasting and closely managing the organisations financial performance
- Providing ongoing training, development and mentoring support to the team
Our client is of course looking for experience of working within a similar role. However equally as important is the person fit for this role. A positive, personable and highly motivated individual, ideally Degree educated, although this is not essential, with experience of working within a similar role. You may manage a team now, or be currently working within a senior sales or business development role and ready for that next step to work in Management within a more strategic role. You will have a proven track record of working with and having proactive input into the sales strategy for a business. This role would suit someone looking for a long term opportunity within a progressive organisation.
We are looking for the following as essentials:
- Strong experience of working in a leadership or management role within Sales or Business Development
- Either experience with managing or leading a team, or the desire and ability to do so
- Professional, personable and utterly focused on the difference that you can make strategically within the business and to your team
- A positive leader with a professional client focused approach
- 1st class communication and skills
If you have the skills and experience outlined above with the right approach, please do contact us immediately to be considered for this Sales Manager role.